2016 is winding down and at HPI we are looking back at everything we accomplished this past year.
The end of the year is a time to reflect on how we have evolved over the past 12 months. Between trade shows, expanding our facility, and launching a new 3D printing service, and everything in between, Hoosier Pattern has continued to have a successful year. We are lucky enough to have a business that employs ambitious, driven and dedicated individuals who all excel at what they do. If it weren’t for the HPI team, 2016 would not have been as successful of a year as it was.
– Early in the year we announced that we had purchased a Stratasys Fortus 450MC. Throughout 2016, this printer has allowed us to print sample prototype parts, print supports to assist in machining patterns and gating with offset partings, print CMM and machining supports/fixtures and produce patterns for low volume runs. This plastic printer has been an asset in HPI’s toolbox, allowing us to expand options we offer our customers. Check out what our FDM printing can do for your next project here.
– HPI is now ITAR/EAR compliant! With our ITAR/EAR compliance came many changes internally at HPI. We have stronger security systems in place and more in depth monitoring of who is entering/touring our facility. Being ITAR/EAR compliant will open doors for new opportunities for HPI in the future and we are looking forward to capitalizing on those opportunities.
– HPI completed its 10,000th shop order! 10,000 jobs have left our shop and we look forward to making that number rise in 2017.
– In 2016, HPI had 100% employee participation in giving back to community programs. As mentioned before, the HPI team is second to none. HPI is not a stranger to community involvement. This work family knows the importance of community and helping those who are struggling temporarily or just not as fortunate. Every single employee had money taken out of each check and put it back into the programs that help our neighbors, schools and town.
– HPI has expanded the facility from 45,000 sq. feet to 80,000 sq. feet. Almost doubling HPI’s footprint gives us endless possibilities.
– HPI was awarded a Global Supply Chain SOLVE Solution Award by Emerson Process Management. Read all about that here.
– HPI exhibited at multiple trade shows around the country including the Casting Congress in Minneapolis, RAPID in Orlando, The Turbomachinery and Pump Symposia in Houston, SEMA 2016 in Las Vegas and The PRI Show in Indianapolis. The connections made and networking that happens at these shows are always beneficial to us and we look forward to meeting up with our current and future customers at shows in 2017.
– HPI gained 3 new journeymen! Chris Lichtle, Mark Bodnar and Ron Cox all received their journeymen certifications in early November.
– HPI put on their very first webinar and had a very positive response. HPI strives to be an industry leader in quality and knowledge and webinars are one way to reach large audiences across the globe. We look forward to utilizing this technology again in the future.
– HPI had 3 interns this year. Seeing a younger generation interested in the manufacturing industry and what we do at our shop was exciting and a great teaching opportunity. In 2017, we are hoping to educate more and let people know that we are way more than a typical machine shop.
In addition to all of these accomplishments, HPI turned 19 years old! For 19 years, HPI has seen continual growth in this industry and HPI plans to continue growing and only getting better. 19 years of quality workmanship and strong work ethics have brought us to this point. We could not have done this without a solid team and a great network of customers. Thank you to our customers for giving us the opportunities to be your service provider. It is our desire to keep you satisfed with our quality workmanship and commitment to your projects. You are our inspiration in doing our very best.
We look forward to working with you on your tooling and rapid prototyping projects in the future.
See You in 2017!