Hoosier Pattern Gives Back
Keith Gerber and the employees of Hoosier Pattern strive to build relationships with businesses, organizations, schools and individuals in our community.
Giving back is an important part of who we are.
Hoosier Pattern has had a deep connection to its community since their early days. We believe in supporting local and national charitable causes, and aiding local families in need. Since 2015, HPI has been a pacesetter in the United Way Campaign, and has had 100% employee financial participation every year.
HPI works with the Adams County Community Foundation to help those severely in need, adopting families facing undue hardships over the Christmas holidays to help them with their utility bills, gas and food, and clothing, as well as providing Christmas gifts for their children.
President Keith Gerber is a founding member of the Adams-Wells Manufacturing Alliance, a group of manufacturers, educators, and community leaders who meet monthly to work towards improving technical training for skilled trades at the high school level. Staff members Dave Rittmeyer, Todd Yoder and Laurie Mrvos are also involved with this organization.
Hoosier Pattern has donated over $30,000.00 in tools and equipment to Bellmont High School’s Metals Lab, as well as donating equipment and tools to South Adams High School’s Area 18 Machine Trades program in Berne, IN. HPI is a sponsor of the Machine Trades’ participants in the SkillsUSA CNC Milling Technology Competition.
In July, Hoosier Pattern opened their doors for the first time for the community and friends and family of employees to come in and see what HPI employees do everyday. Over 400 people came through and got the first look at our 3rd in house 3D sand printer. The tour also included being able to see CNC machines working on current projects in the shop, the laser scanner working in real time and the opportunity to pour their own keychain into a 3D printed sand mold. The open house was a huge success and reminder of the great community that HPI is a part of.
Over the years, HPI has supported the following charities:
- Bellmont High School Football
- Decatur Downtown Beautification Project - Flower and Plant Sponsor
- Adams County Cares
- Energized By Ebony
- Adams County Cancer Coalition
- Hanna Nuttman Park Project
- Decatur 4th of July Celebration
- Downtown Decatur Concert Series
- AFS Golf Outtings
- American Cancer Society
- SAFE – Prevent Child Abuse Indiana
- Adams Wells Crisis Center
- American Diabetes Association
- Decatur Lions Club
- Adams County Junior Achievement: Decatur and Monroe
- St. Mark’s United Methodist Church
- Decatur Chamber of Commerce
- Decatur Optimist Club
- Decatur Rotary Club
- Adams Public Library / Storybook Park
HPI has also helped to sponsor the following local festivals:
- Kekionga Festival
- Callithumpian Parade
- Decatur Sculpture Walk
- Decatur Chamber of Commerce Halloween Fill A Truck
HPI supports the following area Fire Departments:
- Decatur Fire Department
- Preble Fire Department
- Monroe Fire Department
Hoosier Pattern is proud to have volunteer firemen on staff:
- Dave Rittmeyer – Volunteer Fireman with Preble Fire Department
- Cameron Rittmeyer - Volunteer Fireman with Ossian Fire Department